"Thousand Camel Festival," organized by a local non-governmental organization working to protect and preserve the Bactrian camel population. Highlights of the festival include camel races, performances by traditional Mongolian musicians and dancers, and visits to significant paleontological and cultural sites of the Gobi. Attend the camel races at the Thousand Camel Festival, a unique opportunity to witness the speed and agility of Bactrian camels. Enjoy performances by traditional Mongolian musicians and dancers, and visits to significant paleontological and cultural sites in the Gobi. The festival is held annually 7th and 8thMarch.
Day 1/04Mar. Welcoming day. Arrval in nomads capital Ulaanbaatar. Transfer to Hotel. City sightseeing tour with Gandan Monastery, Chinggis Khaan square and Mongolian National Museum. Meal:L,D
Day 2/05Mar. Early in the morning Driving to the South Gobi. Local hotel. Meal:B,L,D
Day 3/06Mar. CAMEL FESTIVAL day.
- 10.00 -12.30 Camel polo game
- 14.00 - Opening ceremony of “Camel festival-2015” and Camel parade. Competition of “The Best Couple on Camelback”
- 15.00 - Ankle bone shooting- Mongolian traditional game
- 17.00 - Camel polo –Final game for Champion Local exhibition of children’s artworks “Camel- My friend” .
- 18.00 - Children’s concert. Meals and stay overnight at the tourist ger camp. Meal:B,L,D
Day 4/07Mar. CAMEL FESTIVAL day.
- 09.00 - Camel race.
- 10.30 - Camel race.
- 12.00 - Torom (2 years old camel) racing
- 13.00 - Break for lunch
- 15.00 - “Camel express” competition for herders
- 17.00 - Rewarding and closing ceremony Meal:B,L,D
Day 5/08Mar. Travel back to Ulaanbaatar. Shopping and free time. Dinner at Mongolian barbeque. Hotel Meal:B,L,D
Day 6/09Mar. Shopping and free time. Dinner at Mongolian barbeque. Hotel Meal:B,L,D
Day 7/10Mar. Transfer to the airport and departure. Meal:B
|Group size||Price / Per Person|
|2 pax||Eu 950|
|3-4 pax||Eu 850|
|5-9 pax||Eu 750|
INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE: NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE:
Hotel**** International airfare
Ger camps Personal equipments
Full board meals Single supplement
Guiding service Alcoholic drinks
4x4 minivan or jeep
Entrance fees to protected areas
Museums and cultural performance
Ice festival fee
RW domestic flights
1botlled water per day